Friday, July 9, 2010

I'm leavin' on a jet plane...

Well, I will be tomorrow anyway. I hope to keep you updated all week about how the trip is going, and I also plan to share ways that you can pray for us each day.

I'm packed and ready to go I think. You won't believe the amount of clothes I'm taking, and I totally wish I could squeeze more into the bags.

I've been praying all morning that God would give me a cheerful outlook, that he would remove this burden of frustration. I need organization, a plan, an idea of what's going to happen.

As I look back over the process that has brought us to this point, I just don't see that. I'm hoping that when this week ends, it will be clear.

I'm quick to sign up for a leadership position in almost anything I do. I feel like I'll know what's going on, and have a say in making sure stuff gets done. But I think this time God wants me to follow.

When we first started out, this trip was to San Diego, and I was super excited. That changed, and then the nature of our trip changed too. That's ok, we were several months out. I pumped myself up for our new mission and our new destination.

It has been amazing to see how God has provided the funds for us to be able to go on this trip and for that I am grateful. And because He has faithfully provided I am confident that he DOES have a purpose for us there and I must learn to trust Him, even when I can't see all the details. And I'll be the first to tell you, that's hard.

And now I have no idea what's going to happen this week. I think God's asking me trust Him. I also believe that things are not as they seem, and that this world is a battlefield. And maybe these events are part of a great struggle to bring glory to the kingdom. I sure hope it brings our team together.

  • Please pray for safe travel tomorrow. We arrive at the airport at 7:45 and fly out at 9 something.
  • One of my friends that is going on this trip has never flown before. Pray she has a good experience.
  • And please pray that our team would be preparing spiritually for the week ahead. I think its going to be hard for me, I'm used to having alone time, and I don't see that happening...so pray also for emotional and physical strength.
  • pray for our first meeting with South Bay Church, that we would receive each other with open arms, and work well together

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive criticism is always welcome or just leave a note to say you stopped by. Thanks for looking!