Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Couch to 5k!

So thanks to a dear family member for inspiring me to get off of my lazy couch potato butt and get running. I've always wanted to be a runner, except that I hate running. I hate anything that feels like exercise. I'm a dancer...sometimes I like to play Ultimate Frisbee or soccer, but I hate just hopping on a treadmill or doing an aerobics class. Blegh.

Double blegh.

But when I saw that there was a program that can apparently get you in shape to run a 5k in 2 months made just for someone like me who hasn't seen much physical exercise in many many months, I was stoked.

Inspired.

So Inspired that I asked my husband (the runner of marathons in our family) to run with me.

Big mistake.

He took it serious.

And despite my protests dragged me and the dog out of the house yesterday for a 25 minute workout.

I thought I was going to die when it was over. Pathetic isn't it?

There are 3 workouts every week, you space them out every other day to give your body time to recover. And boy does my body need to recover.

This week you start with a 5 minute brisk walk then alternate 60 sec of jogging with 90 sec of walking for 20 minutes. I had to fudge the last set a little bit...it was more like 2 minutes of walking with 90 sec of running. I needed an extra long break between running.

But the hubbs and the dog had a blast. We'll do again Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! I have always wanted to be a runner, but I HATE running! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Constructive criticism is always welcome or just leave a note to say you stopped by. Thanks for looking!