Thursday, May 5, 2011

Birdcage Thank you Card

Lately, I've been really loving birdcages. I don't know why. I see lots of them in home decor stores and I just love it. So I decided to make a thank you card based on it.



I used a new embossing folder by Stampin' Up! called Framed Tulips (#121809) and I am loving this embossing folder! It adds some great texture and finishes off the card nicely...I think so anyway. I used some retired paper from Stampin' Up! for the background, and basically just tore the edges off. The Old Olive cardstock was distressed by crumpling up and flattening out the paper over and over, and then I took a hobby knife and rubbed it across the edges to add more distressing. They make special distressing tools for this purpose too, so you don't risk cutting your fingers! The cage was cut out using my Cricut, and the bird is from a retired hostess set from Stampin' Up! Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. I like this card! It also helped me figure out what to do with some thin decorative paper I have that got the edges bent. I think I will very carefully see if I can distress it. I was thinking I wouldn't be able to use it.

    ReplyDelete

Constructive criticism is always welcome or just leave a note to say you stopped by. Thanks for looking!