Tuesday, October 19, 2010

More Hot pink and black!

Those of you that know me, know that I do not like the color pink.

At all.

It kinda makes me cringe.

I'm not sure if it harkens back to my tom boy days or what, but I really just hate the color. I try to avoid it at all costs, but since God obviously has a sense of humor, my crafting table was covered in it this past week. Of course He would have me passionately involved in a women's ministry that uses pink and black in everything!

Unveiled's first event for the fall is this coming Wednesday and our fearless leader wanted our signs revamped. I should've taken a picture of what they looked like before. They were pretty, but very simple. Just imagine small black stenciled letters on the pink sign and pink stenciled letters on the black sign.

I'm not sure if I made them any better, but here's what I've got!

Here's a couple of close ups. We live about 15 minutes away from a Hobby Lobby so rather than drive into town to get zebra print paper, I hand drew zebra stripes my own on white paper.  I used a chandelier stamp with white Staz-On ink for the chandelier, that was a gift from God waiting for me in the clearance section of Hobby Lobby.
I also hand painted all of the lettering, and added that black trim...would you believe that this is supposed to be a shelf? The words are just painted on the bottom for a unique framed look.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I really like that Zebra one. Maybe I'll have to pay you to make me a cute sign for my classroom. I am obsessed with pink and zebra these days! Great job girl! :)

    ReplyDelete

Constructive criticism is always welcome or just leave a note to say you stopped by. Thanks for looking!