Friday, July 16, 2010

All good things must come to an end...

Today marked the end of a really great week. I got several hugs and a card at the end of the day. It made me smile. Today's lesson was on service/serving others. We have been collecting school supplies all week and today they showed a video of Coach & Ref (Our emcees) giving those school supplies, along with back packs, to kids at a local shelter. It was awesome to see!

I got a little teary-eyed as we watched the video and the kids did the motions to our closing song. The kids have a special place in my heart and I hope they come to Bay Kids (the South Bay Church kids program) on Sunday and I hope they come back to Kids Games next year. Many of them said that they wished that I would come back next year, and part of me really wants to see how this grows and see the kids again...but part of me wants to go international. We shall see.

We handed out flyers to the parents with information about South Bay Church so please pray that they would come and check out a Sunday morning service.

Please pray for safe travel back home tomorrow. Many of us are anxious to get back to family and our own bed.

Tonight we get to relax around the pool with the south bay crew and enjoy fellowhip before heading out tomorrow. And I'm super excited that we're going to see some califonia redwoods in the morning!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive criticism is always welcome or just leave a note to say you stopped by. Thanks for looking!