Monday, February 1, 2010

Weekend Recap

It was cold this weekend. Actually, more like frigid. Thankfully the hubbs didn't have frisbee on Saturday because I had committed to going, along with another player's wife, and 3 hours of sitting in 28 degree frigidness was not going to be fun. So I opted to cuddle on the couch with the dog and 3 blankets. It was nice.

Saturday night was the January edition of Club Fed. They sweetly rescheduled b/c I had been sick and we just barely squeezed it into the month. Our next meeting is this coming weekend because February is super busy with birthdays, valentine's day (yuck), showers (the gift giving kind, not the squeaky clean kind), camping, and someone's husband is heading off to basic training (not mine, thank goodness). The theme for January was "healthy food" to play on New Year's resolutions. I can't even remember the names of everything that was made, so I'll just share pictures for you to drool over.
Fetuccine alfredo with Bacon

pasta salad

I forgot the name of this one...

raosted veggies...pre-roasting

Strawberry shortcake

The girls got really excited about the Strawberry Shortcake so they set up a little still life photo shoot...

strawberry shortcake 2

It was very complicated. :o)

Sunday we went to church and then headed out to see The 39 Steps w/some friends.
It was very funny. I knew absolutely nothing about it going in, and loved it. The Majestic, btw, is GORGEOUS.

After the play we went to Benihana for an early dinner because we were all starving. Delish. Then we headed to Half Price Books. The thing my husband loves most in this world...besides me of course. He parks himself in the clearance section and is in utter bliss. I thought he was going to explode with excitement before we got there. Its a rather large Half Price Books store, like the mother of all Half Price Books stores. I got a couple of books.


I'm looking forward to reading them...eventually.

That was pretty much it for the weekend. Gotta go watch Ellen!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you had a wonderful weekend. That food looks YUMMY! :)
    Let me know how the books turn out. I am on a reading kick these days! :)

    ReplyDelete

Constructive criticism is always welcome or just leave a note to say you stopped by. Thanks for looking!