Monday, January 18, 2010

Glory to God, Glory to God

We got to go to church yesterday. We hadn't been to church since Dec 6, Cole's birthday. We were out of town every weekend in December and I was working on Christmas Eve, then January rolled around and I've been so sick that I haven't left the house except to be rushed to the Dr. It was WONDERFUL to be at church again. The depth of refreshment my soul received is inexpressible. Every worship song resonated deep within my heart and I particularly enjoyed Glory to God. Some of the lyrics go:

Creator God you gave me breath so I could praise
Your great and matchless name
All my days, all my days
So let my whole life be
A blazing offering
A life that shouts and sings
The greatness of the King

CHORUS:
Glory to God, Glory to God
Glory to God, Forever
Glory to God, Glory to God
Glory to God, Forever

Take my life and let it be
All for you and for your glory
Take my life and let it be yours
Take my life and let it be
All for you and for your glory
Take my life and let it be yours
We sing…

I feel like lately my life has not reflected God's glory like it should. I felt encouraged to spend more time in the Word daily, to make sure church is priority on Sundays, and to change my attitude to reflect the amazing love that God has shown me.
The message yesterday was about breaking free from Depression, and it was powerful. Pastor Steve talked about addressing the cause of your depression, whether it is physical, spiritual, relational, or emotional, so that you can get help and work through it. I thought it was a great topic to address. I'm sure many churches avoid the depression topic because some people think depression may be a sin, that if you have joy in Christ you can't be depressed, or that you're just wallowing in self pity if you have depression and you need to get over it. None of those things are true. Its serious, and I appreciate that our church isn't afraid to confront a very real issue that's facing millions of people. Those people need to know maybe more than any of us that they ARE loved and welcomed into the arms of Christ.

"7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves ; 8 we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed ; perplexed, but not despairing ; 9 persecuted, but not forsaken ; struck down, but not destroyed ; 10 always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body. 11 For we who live are constantly being delivered over to death for Jesus' sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh." 2 Corinthians 4:7-11

2 comments:

  1. Great blog. I enjoyed reading this. Glad that ya'll were able to get to go to church. We haven't been in a couple of weeks and I am anxious to go again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so wonderful Crystal. I've been fighting it since I was 13, and really since 07. It feels so good to read those words of chorus. thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Constructive criticism is always welcome or just leave a note to say you stopped by. Thanks for looking!