Thursday, June 30, 2011

Wedding Album...4 years late

I thought it was only fitting that on my wedding anniversary, I share with you my recent attempt at creating a wedding album. I purchased a Groupon for Picaboo last year. It was $10 for $100 worth of credit. I'd say that's a steal! And after putting off trying to put together a wedding album for almost 4 years, I decided one day to sit down and create one.


The software was easy to use. It had tons of templates to use to create the pages, and they're organized by the number of pictures you want on a page. You can even include journaling on the page, but that wasn't the look I was going for. Each template is totally customizable, so you can move stuff around. I thought that was a nice touch.



You can even choose to use a picture as the background for the page, or use one of their background images. I did both in this album.



You can choose from a variety of albums covers; leather, linen, etc. I went with leather. I like the sleek black cover contrasting with the green table cloth in the background of my cover picture. And the stitching is a nice added detail.



And you can choose lay flat pages as an upgrade. I was really aiming to use a couple of 2 page spreads, where one photo spans 2 pages...but I couldn't figure out how to do that with their software. But still...lay flat pages look really nice.


I'm quite pleased that I ended up only paying $15 for this album, shipping and all. It took me about an hour to pick out pictures and design layouts. It took another 2 hours to upload my design to their website for printing.  I received my album 1 week after ordering, which was within their advertised time frame. So overall I was pleased. I'll just have to watch Groupon for another great deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive criticism is always welcome or just leave a note to say you stopped by. Thanks for looking!