Saturday, January 1, 2011

My New Year's Resolutions

I'm not normally one for resolutions.

I usually think they're dumb. People usually just break them anyway, so what's the point?

This time, I feel differently. I'm not really sure why. I'm going to make some resolutions and try desperately to stick to them. I'm posting them here in hopes that those of you that actually read this blog might help keep me accountable.

1. Project 365 - I'm gonna try my hand at this again. Take a photo every day.
2. Eat healthier - I love food. Its my weakness. I LOVE to eat. And I need to control myself. It'll help me lose weight, and I'm beginning to feel like some of the chemicals in the foods I eat might be interacting poorly with my brain. I do believe that what you eat can have profound effects on your body, so I am attempting to cleanse myself from the "gunk" by eating fresher, more natural foods.
3. Run. Typing that word makes me cringe, but honestly, I want a runner's body (and I'm not talking about my hubby..hehe), and the only way to get that is to run. I will NOT be signing up for anything more than a 5k though. I'm not crazy.
4. Take charge of my finances. Really our finances. Really just needing discipline. Maybe I should just make one overall resolution to be more disciplined! haha.

I've realized I've gotten kinda lazy this year with how I'm living life, and I'm going to step up to the plate, be an adult, and get my act together.

Are you making any New Year's Resolutions?

1 comment:

  1. I'm like you...I'm not about resolutions. I've been trying to pump myself up over some things to work on this upcoming year, however. I do better with lists...so maybe I will just make a list of some things I want to accomplish (in small bits) over the next year. Great resolutions! :)

    ReplyDelete

Constructive criticism is always welcome or just leave a note to say you stopped by. Thanks for looking!