Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Summer Twenty10

Well friends, I'd like to share with you an exciting opportunity that I get to be a part of this summer. My husband and I are joining some friends from church on a mission trip to California. Sounds tough right? ;o) We'll be visiting South Bay Church near San Francisco and assisting them with a program called Kids Games. We'll be there a week doing whatever the church needs us to do, in the mornings it will be Kids Games (kinda like a sports camp) and in the afternoons/evenings we'll be doing a variety of things to reach out to the community. This area is 95% unchurched, so you can imagine the atmosphere we're going in to and the exciting opportunity we have to love these people - Jesus style. ;o)

I'm asking those of you that follow this little blog of mine to pray for our time there. Pray that God would already be preparing the hearts of those we will encounter so that they would be receptive to His love flowing through us. Pray that He would prepare us as well, to be servants and ambassadors for Christ. And please pray for financial support. We've done a couple of raffles and spirit nights at local restaurants to raise some funds, but we still have a way to go. We believe that God will provide for the work He has called us to do. If you feel led (and please don't feel pressured) you can go to this website and designate that the money be used toward the Randall - San Francisco Trip or you can designate that it specifically goes to me if you want.

And, since I'm growing my portfolio for pet photography, if you'd like to have your pets photographed in exchange for a donation to the mission trip let me know! Only open to Rockwall Area Residents...sorry! Shoot me an email at StampinCrystal@gmail.com if you're interested!


His Servant,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive criticism is always welcome or just leave a note to say you stopped by. Thanks for looking!