Today I had a Dr's appt at 9:15. I got there about 9am because I like to be early. There were people standing outside the door, but I just thought they were hanging out so I tried to open the door. It was locked. I looked at the people standing outside and asked what time the office opened. They said they weren't sure, but their appointments were at 9am. Hmmm...maybe they're running late? Maybe they forgot that they were supposed to be at this location (the Dr has another office in the area)? So after standing there a few minutes I asked if anyone had the number and called the office. The conversation went like this:
receptionist: "Hello, this is Dr ...'s office, how may I help you?"
me: "Um, yes, could you tell me what time your office opens?"
receptionist: "What time do we open? Well, it depends on the location and the day."
me: "How about today?"
receptionist: "today? wh..uh oh..is the door not unlocked?"
me: "nope, its locked. (giggle)"
receptionist: "oh no! We were wondering where out patients were! (giggling) We are so sorry!"
Hehehe, we ALL laughed about it for the morning.
Then I listened to Shawn McDonald while I ran my errands which always makes for a good day :o)
And now for Five Question Friday! You can join in on the fun here
1. Have you ever hit an animal with your vehicle? Oh my goodness! I'm ashamed to admit it. The first was a bird. I was 16, driving my mom's big huge blue buick and a bird was strolling across the road. I thought for sure it would move before I got there, but it did not. As I passed over it I heard a thud and when I looked in the rear view mirror there was a cloud of feathers. Poor little birdie.
Since then I've had many near misses, including a recent narrow escape by a coyote at midnight on I-30 while going 70 mph. It seriously appeared out of nowhere in my headlights, running in the same direction I was driving, and disappeared just as quickly. I would've thought I had imagined the whole ordeal if the hubbs hadn't been there.
2. When you see a string on your clothes do you pull it off or cut if off?
First I pull at it, then I cut it ;o)
3. Did you have your own room or share a room when you were young? Only child here
4. Would you rather wear the same thing for the rest of your life or eat the same thing for the rest of your life? Oh geez, this is a tough one. I love chocolate chip cookies, and could possibly eat those for the rest of my life, but I think I'd rather wear the same thing, so long as its a pair of scrubs.
5. What was your favorite TV show as a child? Definitely Home Improvement. There were so many great shows when I was growing up compared to the crap they have on tv now. Remember TGIF - where families would gather to watch tvs on friday night? But I love Home Improvement so much (I not so secretly had a crush on Randy) and I still enjoy it. They dealt with serious issues but it was still so funny.
Well, have a wonderful weekend!